- Once registration has been processed, deposits/payments are non-refundable. Payments may be moved to a different class, within 60 days of the regularly scheduled class, as long as we are notified prior to the start of the class you are scheduled for via phone or email. See no show and rescheduling policy below.
- CPR Skills Tests must be cancelled 24hours prior to test time. A $25 fee will be charged for late cancellations or no shows.
NO SHOW POLICY:
- Any student who does not show up to class and does not notify us prior to the start of the class is considered a No Show and deposit is not eligible to be used to reschedule the class. If you have paid in full and want to reschedule the class, there will be a $20 rescheduling fee for all classes with the exception of the ACLS and Instructor classes where there is a $30 rescheduling fee.
- In order to reschedule a class, please call us at 631-724-3537 or email us at Pat@advancedtrainingcenterli.com prior to the scheduled class. Class may be rescheduled one time with no additional charge. Classes rescheduled a second time are subject to a $20 fee.
- ACLS and INSTRUCTOR classes are limited in size. Therefore, you must call to reschedule 48 hours prior to class. Classes rescheduled a second time are subject to a $30 fee.
- Classes may be rescheduled within 60 days of the originally scheduled class date.
- Arriving late to class can be disrupting to the other students. Therefore, please arrive on time. We recommend that students arrive to class 10 – 15 minutes prior to the start of the class. Any student that arrives late will be admitted at the Instructors discretion. Arriving more than 15 minutes late to class will be considered a No Show. If the student is late for a rescheduled class, the student will be considered as a No Show and deposit is forfeited.
REPLACEMENT AHA CERTIFICATION CARDS FOR CPR CLASSES OR NYS SECURITY GUARD CERTIFICATES
- Please safeguard your cards/certificates. In the event you need another one, please call the office to arrange payment.
- The fee for a replacement AHA Certification Card is $25 and may be picked up at the office. If you need it mailed there is an additional $2 fee, for a total of $27.
- The fee for a replacement NYS Security Guard Certificate is $5 and may be picked up at the office. If you need it mailed to you there is an additional $2 fee, for a total of $7.
- Students are responsible for the correct spelling of their name. Student must check the spelling on the class roster at the beginning of the class to make sure their name is correct. If the student fails to notify the instructor that the name is spelled incorrectly, and the card/certificate is printed incorrectly, you will be responsible to pay the replacement fee in order to obtain another one.
CREDIT CARD CHARGE BACK/DISPUTE:
- If a charge is placed in dispute by the student (or the cardholder if it is not the student’s card) because the student (or the cardholder) do not recognize/recall this charge, the student is responsible for a processing fee of $25.00 in addition to the original charges due on the transaction.
Your privacy is very important to us. Any information you provide us when you register is kept strictly confidential and is never sold to outside vendors. We use this information only to provide you the services needed.
The information provided on Advanced Training Center of Long Island’s website is presented ‘as is’ and we are not held responsible for any mistakes or misprints. This includes any incorrect pricing or product descriptions. Advanced Training Center of Long Island expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, or any kind with respect to the website and its use. You agree that Advanced Training Center of Long Island, its officers, employees, and representatives will not be held liable for damages arising from the use of this content and its information.
The first required course is the 8-hour Pre-assignment Training Course and is required training by the Division of Criminal Justice Services in order to receive your New York State Security Guard License. This is a general introductory course. You are issued a certificate upon successful completion. This certificate must accompany your Security Guard license application when submitted to the Department of State.
Certificate of completion will be given that day.
The second required course for the New York State Security Guard License is the 16 Hour On- The-Job Security Guard Training Course (OJT). This class should be taken within the first 90 days of full time employment. This training program is relevant to the duties of the security guard, requirements of the work site, and the needs of the employer. This is a 2 day class.
The third required training
course for the New York State Security Guard license is the 8-Hour Annual
In-Service Training Course. This security guard training course must be
completed each calendar year. This program is designed to meet current
training needs and refresh or update guards in changes in the field. The
security guard must complete this course annually as a prerequisite for
renewal of their security guard license.
Certificate will be given that day.
$55 ($50 for our returning students from the prior year)
This New York State security guard class is geared for the corporation with single building structures of 500,000 square feet or more. This is a 40 hour class in which the security guard receives advanced training in Criminal and Civil Law, information gathering, terrorist indicators, security and safety planning, fundamentals of patrol, weapons of mass destruction, awareness and basic first aid. Upon successful completion, the security guard receives a New York State Certification and the employer is eligible for a $3,000.00 tax credit per certified guard.
This instructional class will help your security guards understand workplace violence. The security guard will be taught what to do in order to make your other employees feel safe in this environment. They will be taught the signs of possible workplace violence and methods to correct the problem. Students receive handouts of all material covered.
This is a 2 hour class.
This instructional class targets New York Sate Penal Law, Article 35, Defense of Justification. The security guard will be instructed on when the use of force may be used. The security guard will have a full understanding of the employers’ policy on the use of force. The class also includes a section on what to do after the incident. This covers report writing using proper details, legal descriptions and terminologies. The security guard will also have an understanding of NYS laws including Assault, Burglary, Criminal Trespass and Trespass. Students will receive handouts of all material covered.
This is a 4 hours class.
This instructional class will show the security guard ways to defuse an aggressive situation with words. The student will be instructed on understanding anger, non-verbal communication and verbal aggression. Students will be taught ways to defuse aggressive behavior using verbal calming and non-verbal calming. Each student receives handouts of all material covered.
This is a 3 hour class.
This instructional class will give your security employees basic knowledge of hazardous materials that may be in the workplace. The course includes instruction on understanding the U.S. Department of Transportation “Emergency Response Guidebook”, instruction of emergency evacuation of an area and basic first aid to victims. Students receive handouts of all material covered.
This is a 2 hour class.
This training class instructs students on what bloodborne pathogens are (types of excreted bodily fluids) and how to properly and safely handle them. This course assists in satisfying the training requirements of the US Department of Labor, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard. This course is a must for any person that may come in contact with bloodborne pathogens in the workplace.
This is a 2 hour class.